Monday, September 28, 2009

Just need to vent...

I know that economic time are "tough" but come on in the past several months I've applied to at least 30 different sale/cashier positions and nothing, I finally got a temporary position as a cashier not long ago but that only lasted 6 weeks for rush in the beginning of the semester. Now please know that was my first actual job where I got paid for my work, so yes I'm a 19 year old whose mother wanted her child to finish HS without working, and now I'm a sophomore in college and it's impossible for me to get a job. I've finally come to the conclusion that it's because of my name, people automatically think I don't speak English, which is a totally lie, I've known English almost all my life, and I can read, write and comprehend it better than the average American, and that just frustrates me even more.

I don't understand what's going on and I want to know if this is only happening to me? Has it happened to any of you, if so any tips in how to actually get a suitable job for a college student who pays for her own tuition?

… Sorry just had to vent, this as you can tell is what currently makes me upset …

No comments:

Post a Comment