Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A little update on everything

Hi everyone!!! So I haven't been that great for the past year with making regular posts and it's because life got in the way, and in a very good way. Let me explain:

I'm currently finishing up this degree and I am currently taking my last course for it this summer, expected graduation date is August. So school work has been swamping my life. However, if you've been reading on and off or know me personally, you know that I'm with a lovely man named Austin.The last time I filled everyone in on him was back when I wrote the post about all those letters that he received while he was in basic training (here).



Well a lot has happened with us in the past year. Back in January we got engaged, exactly after a year we started to talk with each other as well as seeing each other exclusively. Then in March we went ahead and tied the knot (yes! we got married!!!) before he went to his first duty station. As I might have mentioned before, or neglected to mention more like, he is currently in the Air Force. Sure we've only been together for about a year and a half, but we've been through a lot and in the past year our relationship has been a long distance one. While at basic training he could only communicate with friends and family via snail mail, and then once he got to technical school we got to talk on the phone every evening and did FaceTime "dates" (if you could call them that) every Friday and Saturday. Sure I did get to see him when he visited during the holidays and whatnot, but those were visits, overall it's been long-distance.



It surprises me that are now married and everything is working out just fine. People say long distance relationships are hard, and they are, but I've learned that it depends on the couple and the situation, since every relationship starts out differently and are all unique to their situations throughout the relationship. One thing that I've learned that is very important in every relationship is communication between each other, and I mean civilized conversations, no yelling or what not, but a conversation(s) were both are listening to what your significant other has to say without interrupting them or blowing them off in what they've decided to tell you. You should feel special that they are taking the time to tell you. Well enough of me babbling about relationship stuff (People (well, friends) sometimes say I give great advice, ummm .... thank you!).

Besides that when it comes to my schooling, I am currently in my final semester this summer. Yep! Taking my last class that I need for this degree. Very excited after exactly 4 fall, 4 spring and 4 summer semesters. I still currently work at campus bookstore as a book floor lead, I have to admit that I really like working there, the people are great.

Well thats my little update on what has been going on with me, I hope everyone has been well too.



No comments:

Post a Comment