Monday, September 13, 2010

A Magic Moment I Remember

A Magic Moment I Remember

A magic moment I remember:
I raised my eyes and you were there,
A fleeting vision, the quintessence
Of all that's beautiful and rare.

I pray to mute despair and anguish,
To vain pursuits the world esteems,
Long did I near your soothing accents,
Long did your features haunt my dreams.

Time passed. A rebel storm-blast scattered
The reveries that once were mine
And I forgot your soothing accents,
Your features gracefully divine.

In dark days of enforced retirement
I gazed upon grey skies above
With no ideals to inspire me,
No one to cry for, live for, love.

Then came a moment of renaissance,
I looked up - you again are there,
A fleeting vision, the quintessence
Of all that`s beautiful and rare.

- Alexander Pushkin

Most amazing poem ever written, it is just so stunning and beautiful. There are no other words to describe something that is this amazing.

The most surprising thing however is that it was found in the bar of dark chocolate (Chocolove) that I purchased from Whole Foods. Amazing chocolate with this amazing surprise, who could ask for more?


No comments:

Post a Comment