Sunday, September 5, 2010

Melissa May's Pattern Play



I was in Melissa May's Pattern Play which was yesterday, September 4th 2010 @ 7pm. My character was Lolita The Long Haired Lady in the Sideshow part of the Show.  I actually quiet liked being in the sideshow part of the show instead of walking down the runway as a model. This is mostly because I loved the way they did my make-up and my hairstyle was very unique. The fashion show it self was nice to watch even though the downside was the lighting was horrible since the show was outside and the only light source we had was the sun plus the show started at 7 pm when the sun started to go down.

Here is what I looked liked for the sideshow part -


I liked the dress a lot was pretty cool to wear it, very Victorian. As you can also tell they added more hair to my already long hair to make it longer. It took about 2 1/2 hours to just braid it. My neck kind of hurt afterwards.

This is me after the show back into my regular clothes, drinking an ever so refreshing apple flavored Izze. As you can see my eye make-up was pretty intense, which I absolutely loved, the colors where amazing and I just love the feel of flash lashes. Make-up artists always have to draw me eyebrows since in real life they are so light in color, I love the way they turned out, they match perfectly.


After the show we went to McDonald's  to grab a few things to eat with my mother and Rachael (I still had my hair up, minus the really long braid + all the eye make-up) and the guy who was working there gave us a few gave us a free strawberry-banana smoothie and extra ice-cream on one of the cones that we got. We speculate this happened because I was the one ordering and he just kept on staring at me in awe, which is a plus for me, because my mother got more ice-cream on her cone and the smoothie was quiet delicious (I only had a sip mostly because I was pretty much stuffed and it was really cold). So in closing I guess it does pay to be pretty because you can get free stuff sometimes depending on where you go. However I have to say I feel somewhat at fault when it comes to things like this, I really wasn't leading him on which makes me feel bad that beautiful people are always doing that to everyone around them. I'm sorry I can't help that I look the way I do.

I would like to thank Melissa May for the opportunity to work with her it's always an amazing experience, as well as Jim, Rachael and my mother for coming and seeing the show and taking these photos of me before and after the show.


Before we left and you can see that I'm starting to undo my extensions. I love how candid this photo is, thanks mum.


No comments:

Post a Comment